Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Show Me The Ramps

For the Fourth of July we all went to the city park. There was a parade with lots of dance teams and cheerleaders. Some floats threw candy, which Nolan loved and that made it not completely pointless. I can't get over how incredibly hot it was. 

After the parade we dodged oblivious people stopping randomly and went to the nice air conditioned car to get a better parking spot. All of them were taken except one handicap spot right next to the park. It's felt like I had to travel a miles before I found a ramp, and of course it was full of people standing still. Nolan wanted to go on the bouncy house so we bought tickets. He went in the tunnel and down the slide and jumped around too. 

Good thing I had my scooter because it was all grass where everything was and I would've tired out before finding the ramp. I should have taken pictures. In my kinda defense all the crowds and heat and music way over stimulated me and that expressed itself in completely irrational anger, like moody teenager anger. I'm so sorry Stephen. I said mean things and ruined the day. I freaked out over small things and gave pitiful explanations. It simmered all day. Stephen brought me home after the bouncy house tickets ran out mostly because I demanded to be brought home. Here missed it in something here was really looking forward to  At least Nolan had a good time. Jeremy stayed with Nolan at the inflatable things. He probably didn't want to set me off. 

Later we drove around and settled on watching the fireworks at Weber University. Again I searched miles of curb for a ramp and I never found one. When we found path, I sat on the grass while Stephen lifted my scooter over the curb. In hindsight it makes sense that there was no ramp because there were only hilly fields on the other side of the bushes. Definitely not an accessible area. Before we got to our spot I fell over a couple times but it was on grass so I didn't get hurt. It's all good.we got bug eaten and it got dark so we got in the car and watched the sky light up as we drove Jeremy home. Once we got home I gratefully collapsed into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment