Monday, June 3, 2013

Bad Day Gone OK




I had a rude awakening this morning. Literally. I woke to Nolan pulling my hair. When I gave up on getting Nolan to sleep I went to change his diaper. In the process I knocked over the TV and it fell on me, breaking. After that I went for the couch to not break anything else. Instead of sitting nicely on the couch I face planted into it. I stayed on the floor and sobbed. It was around 8:30 am. Nolan came over and thought I was hurt so he hugged me and kissed me better.

I had a choice. I could let my morning ruin my day or still enjoy the rest of my day keeping the bad part in the morning. I decided to try and enjoy my day. I had a chance to see how effective the cheering methods are. I did a short Pick Me Up workout to get me out of my funk.

Since I didn't have the TV to entertain Nolan I did an activity with him. I did a Sensory Activvity. First I put cornmeal (instead of flour) in a cookie sheet for him to play with and a measuring cup for him to use when scooping it up.





 Then to help clean the floor I set up water play with Dish soap. It was fun getting mealy and wet with Nolan. It really improved my morning. I think I'll do another workout while he watches Mickey Mouse...again.

You May Also Like
Best Antidepressants

Nolan the Helper




1 comment:

  1. Hang in there....we all have those moments when everything seems to go against you. You choosing to enjoy the day is such a big decision to make when you really want to just lay there and feel sorry for yourself. We all do that one. Just hearing that Nolan hugged and kissed you better is so sweet. He is blessing and challenge. We need those challenges to make us better Moms and Dads. Your a great Mom!!!!!
    ps: TV's can be replaced. Good moments with our children cannot.

    ReplyDelete