Thursday, January 25, 2018

Magical Cashier

It's so hard to let go of recovery because I view my prestroke life as so good and worth mourning. I have a belief that I cannot have a good and enjoyable life without recovery. I want to be like our cashier yesterday. My mom tool me to the local grocery store. As we approached a cashier we saw he was sitting so we thought he was closed. He acted like he won a prize by checking our stuff out.

 I don't know what his story was but I could tell that his body wasn't kind to him. He was noticeably happy. With only the small talk that would fit in a checkout he totally made my day and probably his co workers. He is someone that makes me want to grocery shop only to interact with him. He is a magnet to lightheartedness and fun. He obviously radiates joy and when around him you can't help but take on some of that radiation. I wish I knew his name but he unknowingly changed my life. I can't wait to develop some joy radiation.It is great to know that I can help someone without a fully able body. It gives me hope for my future. Formerly I only had hope only in the framework of recovery and mobility. Coming to terms with my lack of mobility progress is a recipe for misery. It's wonderful for my mindset to have purpose to my future without the necessity of mobility. 



1 comment:

  1. This is really beautiful - thank you for telling us about this cashier. I know people like that - complete strangers you see in passing, but just one smile and.... :).

    ReplyDelete