Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Each person you meet is Jesus in disguise. -Mother Teresa


The title reminds me of this entry.

Since my body is drastically changed I'm on a new quest to accept myself how I am right now while still trying to progress.
blogilates
"If you’re feeling unsure about your looks, your weight, your relationship, what you wanna do in life etc…start focusing on what you ARE sure about. And that’s YOU. You are an expert on you. Hone in on what makes you feel alive, what makes you happy. Do more of that. Your fire will burn brighter and you will be able to blaze through everything in your path."

That makes me wonder what makes me feel alive? The only thing I can think of is being social. That will be so much harder after we move since we'll be so far from my friends. Thinking of starting over absolutely terrifies me. I'll be alone once again. My friends have helped me progress physically and to be a little more ok with the New Me. I'm afraid my progress will halt and it'll be much harder to be social since I'll assume people are judging me.  I know that I shouldn't but it's hard not to. 
When looking for Valentines ideas I found this blog. It has criteria for being counter-cultural. The entry is geared towards parenting but I can apply it to myself. Example is the best teacher after all. 


"[Go against the flow]
[Be different, be yourself]
[Know who you are in Him]
[Don't be ashamed]
[It's okay to be alone]"

I've been doing that for longer than I care to admit. I'd like to think of myself as counter-culteral and maybe that was my environment growing up or it was just me. 
I'll be ok and this move will be good for our little family. Doing this takes a whole lot of trust and it's definitely is not the easy way. I know it's the right thing to do so I'm doing it because I can't afford to not be on His side. 

1 comment:

  1. OH goodness! So many things for you to think about, but I can tell you are thinking about them, and pondering them, and asking questions so that you will be prepared! I have been studying and thinking about the Lord's will vs. my own will, and how Heavenly Father supports us...and etc, etc, etc. There are so many different ways Heavenly Father is there for us, and I love to see you write about it so succinctly! Thank you! It helps me get it straight in my own mind.

    ReplyDelete